Following this six-stage process of mindfully generating and delivering True Care will cause your patient to feel better and will cause you to feel better too.
- Presence: Show up and get fully present.
- Connection: Connect with your patient
- Focus: Make your patient’s needs your focus.
- Empathy: Feel your patient’s pain as if it were your own.
- Compassion: Now, you make the conscious decision to leave this painful place you share with your patient by turning on your own compassion.
- Action: Finally, once you feel full of your own compassion, move on to the practical physical matters that will help make your patient’s situation better or at least more tolerable.